Habitat for Humanity Lakeside homes are built in neighborhoods throughout Sheboygan and Ozaukee Counties, alongside other professionally built and sold homes. Our houses are designed to take on the look and feel of their neighborhoods. They vary in design and size depending on the community and the family’s needs.
Habitat for Humanity Lakeside builds homes that meet the needs of our partner families. The average home consists of three bedrooms with approximately 1,000 square feet of living space. Future homeowners select interior features such as carpet, cabinets and counter tops. All homes are professionally supervised and built to ensure high quality and consistency.
Other features of a typical Habitat Home may include:
- A covered primary entrance
- At least one entrance that is accessible to persons who have difficulty with mobility
- 3′ wide minimum for all doors
- 3’4″ wide minimum for all hallways
- Homes do not include garages or carports (unless zoning requires)
- One bathroom, may have extra half bathroom according to # of bedrooms
- Decorative finishes chosen by the partner family
The Next Step
Habitat for Humanity Lakeside’s ReStores play a large in role in keeping used building materials out of our landfills. Furthermore, rehabbing existing homes decreases the need for the production and transportation of new building supplies and materials. To expand our green initiatives even further, Habitat for Humanity Lakeside plans on pursuing local, state, and federal green building and energy efficiency standards. Pursing green building standards not only protects our environment, it also drastically lowers utility costs for Habitat Homeowners, thus allowing them to have more funds for other necessities like food.